3.15.2011

Update #3

Well, we're on hour 58 of "labor" with no change. Gavin is still looking good and is still strong and active with a solid heartbeat. I'm still in the anti-partum wing for now. The team of Dr.'s i've been working with are meeting tomorrow morning to decide a course of action for me. Whenever I ask a question as to what the potential options are I get "we'll just have to wait and see." Which is very frustrating! But at the same time I understand that they can't make any decisions right now with everything up in the air. On the plus side tomorrow is the magical 34 week mark!! And as Gavin is already measuring over 6 1/2 pounds things are looking really good for him. He may need a feeding tube for a little while but other than that he should be just fine.
Riley and Lucas were able to come visit me tonight and it made my day. I miss being home with them very much and it's hard to be away from Lucas as his language is exploding more and more every day. So for instance, tonight he walked in and said to me "what happened mommy." ha ha. It was very hard when he left and I had to try and explain why mommy couldn't come home with him yet.
Mom and dad came to visit me tonight which was good. They can always make me laugh and it was nice to have family around and to just laugh and hang out a bit. I don't really have much other news to report other than the obvious; hospital food is gross, hospital beds are uncomfortable, there is only so much e-mail checking, facebooking, reading and movie watching one can do and I really miss sunshine and fresh air!!
We'll keep everyone posted after tomorrow's "decision". Love you all.

3 comments:

K. B. Hoyle said...

If I was wealthier I'd fly up and see you right now. *sigh* Be prepared for your little Lucas to grow up over night, by the way! The moment you see Gavin and Lucas side by side is the moment that Lucas will cease being a "baby" in your eyes and will suddenly be a little boy (this was really strange for me when Joshua was born). Anyhow, still praying for you! Hang in there!

Karissa said...

Love you girl! I will try and call later. I am coming home in April the 15-18th and hope to make a trip to see you!!! and of course my other Winona ladies :) Glad you got to see Lucas. I hope Gavin keeps hangin out in Mommy for a little while longer although I know you HATE being in the hospital. Travis I think is getting sick again poor guy only slept about 5 hours last night:( he is normally such a good boy but this morning was sooo fussy he has to be getting sick. He is a healthy 18lbs 26in as of yesterday for the 4 month check up. I wish I could come visit and help you pass the time. Get some rest as when Gavin finally does make his grand entrance your life will be CRAZY busy! Talk later and quit flirting with the male nurses ;)

Joli, Riley, Lucas, Gavin and of course, Cash! said...

Thanks ladies. Still waiting. They put the IV back in last night because the contractions really picked up but still no progression. Thanks for the thoughts! We'll keep you posted.