3.24.2011

Rest? Yeah like when?!?!?!

So we got another curveball early this morning. I've had a slight cough for a couple weeks and we didn't think anything of it. It was actually starting to get better until yesterday. Throughout the day it got worse and worse as well as my lungs feeling really full and heavy. SO to be on the safe side I went to the emergency room to be checked out to make sure it isn't anything I can pass on to Gavin. Well, on the positive side it isn't contagious. On the very negative side, it's pneumonia! So i'm on an inhaler and antibiotics that are both thankfully safe to take while nursing. Then the Dr. says "make sure to get as much rest as you can." Yeah, like when Doc?!?!?! I'm sleeping on a pull out couch in an intensive care nursery for starters. Then add pumping every 2 hours, trying to get Gavin to nurse every 3 hours, monitors going off every other minute, nurses coming in every hour and a half or more and you tell me when exactly i'm supposed to get "rest" in all of that. And no, before anyone asks, I can't go home. Gavin has made huge strides and we are now working on getting him to solely nurse or take a bottle and we are going on his cues (which he's getting very good at thankfully), which means I have to be here 24/7 until he goes home. I am so frustrated, stressed and emotionally drained I think I could probably be knocked over by a dam feather. :( Hopefully once I start the antibiotics in the morning i'll start to feel better in about 24 hours. Cross your fingers please. :/

No comments: