5.02.2013

Well hello again, feeling overwhelmed....I have NOT missed you...

SO many changes are happening in the Stejskal household as of late. I find myself unbelievably overwhelmed, scared, elated, and frantic...just to give you a brief idea. :) Lets recap shall we... We listed our home on February 1st in hopes that it would sell before fall so we could be settled in our location/school district of choice. Much to our amazement our house sold, two weeks ago!! So much quicker than we anticipated. And we have a close date of May 28th. Enter the feelings of elation, happiness, thankfulness, etc. However, here is the tricky part....we have nowhere to go.... There is not a single house in the town we love that meets our needs and is not way above our price range... Which means we have to try and find a place to rent that will allow our family to stay together, keep our dog and rent month to month. This, is proving to be a nearly impossible endeavor... Add to this training for my first marathon (Sunday!!!), beginning my doctoral degree, working full time, oh yeah and don't forget my two amazingly high energy little ones....and you start to get a picture of exactly why I haven't eaten in several days, cannot sleep and have cried several times in 2 days (I NEVER CRY!!!). blah. Oh, and did I mention that 2 weeks before our house sold i petitioned my university to allow me to take an extra class this summer because I didn't think I'd have anything to do....Joke, totally on me! :) NOW, for the silver linings...there always are silver linings... :) OUR HOUSE SOLD!!! Which means, when the house of our dreams comes up (or is built, an entirely different story...)we will be able to move on it without having to wait for our home to sell. We do have a possible lead on a rental property. And most importantly, our children are happy, healthy and very excited for this new adventure and the bigger home we will have when it is all said and done! I know everything will work out, it always does. But for someone with an A-type personality that HAS to have a plan...this is all very new and tough territory for me.

No comments: