2.11.2013

Back to School!

Well, it's official. I was accepted into the PhD program at Walden University in the area of Human Services. I start my 3 1/2 year journey March 4th! I will have 2 1/2 years of coursework followed by one year of dissertation. I am so unbelievably excited and yet absolutely terrified! I have been thinking and dreaming about getting my PhD for atleast 10 years. My ultimate goal was to be a professor by the time I turned 40. I turned 30 a couple of months ago and decided there is no time like the present! My boys are young enough that I can handle an online courseload with several residencies without severely impacting them. I feel like if I waited even five more years to do this the boys would be older and Lucas would be getting into sports and I feel I would miss so much. SO, in typical "me" fashion I just dove in. :) I am so fortunate to have such an amazing husband to support me throughout this crazy ride we call life. When I approached Riley about finally starting my PhD program instead of just continuing to talk about it, he didn't even blink before replying "go for it babe!" All with a smile. When I began to run down the laundry list of reasons as to why maybe I shouldn't do it, maybe it was just a silly bucket list idea, etc. He didn't hesitate to reply "you've been talking about getting your PhD for as long as i've known you (over 10 years now) there's no time like now to do it. We'll be fine babe." This is one of the many reasons I LOVE this man! We've even gone as far as to figure out which night he's going to "kick me out of the house" to go find a quiet place to dedicate a few hours to studying and homework. Seriously, how great is he?!?!?! :) I'm hoping to keep up the blog while embarking on this new journey but as you know, i'm not super on top of it as it stands now and who knows how much I'll remember to write when I throw all this into the mix. I guess only time will tell!

No comments: