8.03.2011
Where has the summer gone?!?!
I can't believe we are already into August! We have had such a busy summer and our fall calendar is quickly filling up as well! Ri starts football in a week and a half, I have the Ragnar Relay coming up in two weeks, Lucas starts PRESCHOOL!! in 2 weeks and Gavin will start daycare when I go back to work on the 29th. I can't believe there are only a few short weeks left of our busy summer! A quick update on our "little" family. Gavin is now nearly 5 months old, smiles, coos, rolls over and loves to watch his big brother run around like the energizer bunny! He's a very strong little guy and thankfully has been sleeping through the night since about 3 months! (yes, we realize how fortunate we are for this!!) Lucas is, as always, as active as toddler boys come! We're working diligently on potty training....somedays it goes really well and others I feel like Gavin will be potty trained before him!! ha ha But we'll get there! He has healed wonderfully from his surgery and within a week we could tell a big difference in his speech. The week of the 22nd he moves into the preschool room at daycare....where did my baby go??? I can't believe he is old enough for preschool already! He throws epic tantrums just like any toddler and his favorite saying during these tantrums lately is "don't talk me!!" Oh the drama of toddlerhood. ;) Ri has been really busy with mowing, hasn't had to many slumps this year like we have in the summers past but I really don't know how he works in this heat and humidity! He's been playing in two softball leagues this summer. One wrapped up last night and the other plays for the league championship on Monday night. Cash has been doing great adjusting to both boys and is as usual a great pup and very protective of all of us. As for me, i've been training quite a bit this summer. I have a 200 mile team relay this month, a 10k in September and a half marathon in early October. I'm also considering signing up for another half marathon in May. I've found that running helps keep my anxiety in check and I absolutely LOVE the runners high afterwards! Well, that's about all for the Stejskal's at this point. I'll post again in a few weeks after my race (if I survive!) with pictures! :) Love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment