2.07.2011

And sleep evades me again..... :/

Oh the joys of being a worrier on top of being a pregnant worrier on top of being a mom to a toddler who worries..... :/ Needless to say there has not been much sleep happening for me the last week. So lets re-cap shall we..... Lucas has been sick on and off for WEEKS! 3 weeks ago he had a fever of 105.8 which has now been followed by almost 3 weeks of a horrible rash that has now spread all over his entire body, scalp now included. We took him to a dermatologist who barely glanced at him before declaring it eczema and sending us on our way with a steroid cream. We tried said cream and it made it worse, far to strong for his little skin and the rash got worse. SO next stop was the family medicine Dr./pediatrician who declared it Roseola which had been going around at his daycare and is a viral infection that they can't do anything about but goes away within a week of the fever breaking (WE'RE ON WEEK THREE!) so needless to say it also is not that. UGH. SO, on Thursday we are having him tested for allergies as now with the rash he is very pale, his eyes are a little sunken in and he has dark circles under his eyes that put even mine to shame. Not to mention my hyper active, spirited toddler cried to go to bed at 6:15 last night then slept for 13 hours!! Something just isn't right and it's making this momma worry even more so than normal..... And of course, having anxiety and being pregnant and a woman in general your mind immediately wonders to the WORST possible scenario (think nightmares about childhood lukemia.....). *sigh* Next up we have Ri going in for surgery on the two breaks in his foot this Friday. But keep in mind we don't actually know the time to report for surgery and can't call to find out until Thursday between 1 and 3 p.m. Which makes for a blast in figuring out who in the heck is going to take Lucas to daycare and pick him up on Friday when we don't even know if we'll actually need anyone. Also, they aren't sure how bad the breaks are or how much repairing they'll have to do once they're in there. Which means anywhere from 4 to 8+ weeks of recovery with the first 2 weeks including NO driving. Add next said stressor, getting Lucas to daycare (when he can't be there until 7:30 and I have to be to work in Rochester by 7)..... Thank goodness I have understanding bosses who recognize I put in a lot of extra time and are ok with me being a little late all of next week. Item number 3 on the worry list..... next Wednesday I have to give my deposition for my accident. Which means yes, after nearly 2 years they will expect me to remember everything I ate, said and did that day (now keep in mind I have a permanent mild TBI and my memory is horseshit now thanks to it and i'm sure you can get the picture). Am I missing anything??? Other than the giant size little one i'm carrying who may very well come as many as 6 weeks early (EEK)I think i've about covered most of it. OK, end rant. Thank you blog for allowing me to vent my frustrations while I cry tears of I don't even know what (but i'll tell you this non-emotional lady is SO sick of tears!!!!)and hope that getting all of this out will allow me to get more than a couple hours shut eye tonight as working with middle schoolers all day is so physically and mentally draining without being pregnant and as big as a killer whale added to it.
Have I mentioned how much I need it to be February 26th yet??? Day at the spa please!!

3 comments:

Tara Jo said...

Joli, I love you! Keep your head up...this too shall pass...the 26th is coming faster than you know...SMILE!!! I cannot wait to chat tonight...I am totally offering any help you need (even if it means me missing a bit of work)...I am serious. Let me know what you need and I will help out!!! See you at 5:50pm!!

Karissa said...

Oh Hunny!! You are so wonderful and it is a sign of a wonderful mom to be that worried about your little guy. I hope you figure it out soon. Call me anytime to vent! I will keep in better communication with you and STOP CRYING;) Love you!!

Joli, Riley, Lucas, Gavin and of course, Cash! said...

Thanks ladies! We finally figured out what is going on with Lucas! He has strep rash, which used to be known as scarlet fever. Crazy, I know. Basically it's strep throat but it's on his skin instead of in his mouth. It's pretty rare so go figure my kid would come down with it! But, he's on antibiotics now and the rash should be gone within 2 weeks. Ri also has regular strep so his surgery may not be happening now, have to wait and see what they say at pre-op tomorrow.