11.02.2010

Life Unexpected

Well, on August 15th we got quite the shock....we are expecting baby #2! We are very excited but it was definitely not planned. I guess life has a way of working itself out.
Lucas is 2 and a half already! He's growing like a weed and puts the energizer bunny to shame. :) He's what we describe as "active"....and for those of you who see him regularly, that's an understatement!
Since my last post we have had quite the busy schedule. Lucas is in daycare full time, i'm back to work now that summer is over and Riley is still working a million jobs. Oh yeah and i'm finishing grad school this semester!! I'm not sure what i'll do with all that extra time from January until the baby arrives.....but i'm sure i'll find something to fill my time.
Lucas went as a mini staff sergeant for Halloween and his uniform matched Boppa's pretty closely. It was SO cute!
Riley just finished coaching another season of football and is already I think planning for next season! He made a really big decision this fall and has decided not to coach summer legion ball this year. It will be so nice to have him home more with two little ones and Cash. Plus we'll have more time for family travel! And you all know how I get the travel bug!! :)
My friend Tara and I recently did a 7 state road trip in 31 hours. We hit all 7 states in about 25 and a half hours! It was a lot of fun and I think we're going to try and make it a yearly thing with picking different routes.
I will graduate with my masters degree in counseling in December. I don't plan on becoming a licensed counselor however. I absolutely love my job and can't imagine doing anything else. Although some days I wish I could have five uninterupted minutes to catch my breath... Middle school kids keep you busy!
As for the new addition....I feel pretty strongly that I know the sex of the baby already, but we won't know for another month. I can already feel him/her moving which is fun. I can't wait until the first time Lucas feels him/her kick....
Well, I think that's enough of an information overload for now! Hopefully I can get better at posting to keep everyone up to date on the Stejskal household and our new addition!

3 comments:

Tara Jo said...

Yay for getting my Joli fix! Since I am not on FB I miss all your random statuses!

:)

Tara Jo said...

P.S. I cannot wait to go on another road trip! I promise not to be as tired at the end the next time around...hehe.

Joli, Riley, Lucas, Gavin and of course, Cash! said...

I'm ready for another roadtrip to! Or just a night out! So about 6 months from now, get ready!! :)