3.21.2012

The ramblings of my "little" big guy :)

Being a mom is probably one of the single most stressful, time consuming, tiring jobs out there. BUT I also think, for me, it's also the absolutely most rewarding job on the planet. I am the mom to two amazing little guys (well, if you know my family, they're really not that little....). Lucas will be 4 and is inquisitive, funny, sweet and man can he throw out some hillarious lines. Gavin just turned 1 and his personality is.... developing.... to say the least. :)Lucas is going at 100 mph at all times and Gavin is on track to keep up, especially now that he's so close to walking (well, more like running!) and in the midst of all of this is our 4 legged son, Cash. Who thank heavens is old, calm, and forgiving. He is really quite flexible in that he serves so many purposes, companion, running partner, playmate, guard dog, and JUNGLE GYM. That poor dog always has one of the two boys hanging on him, climbing on him, pulling on his tail and his ears and yet he just lays there and takes every second of it and when he gets sick of it he gives the boys a good lick of the face and heads up to our bedroom to hide out.
I love my sons more than life itself. I would give them anything and sacrifice everything for them. SO, when my oldest throws out lines like he did today "Mommy, I love you! You're my bestfriend!" My heart just absolutely melts! Moments like that make me wish that I could be a stay at home mom! And then within 5 seconds i'm snapped back into the brutal clutches of reality when the boys start screaming at eachother or Lucas throws out the "I not talk to you mommy! I talk daddy!" ha ha
And I know the saying is "an elephant never forgets" but neither do toddler boys!! I swear if you tell them something one time they will remind you every chance they get until it actually happens, or in the example i'll share, they think that EVERY time you go through the coffee shop they get a cookie....ha ha Let me re-cap. I stay at home over the summer and the boys and I make a lot of trips to my parents cabin. On one such trip I went through the coffee drive through, Lucas was being very good and so I let him pick a cookie....well, now EVERY time he sees the coffe place he thinks he needs a cookie....SO, on Tuesday when I picked him up from school he met me with (as he put his hands on my shoulders and looked into my face, I was kneeling down by him)"mommy I think you NEED a coffee and I think I NEED a cookie!" Now really, who am I to argue with that logic???? ha ha My husband calls me a pushover....I say i'm just addicted to coffee and the munchkins know my weakness!! Until next post.

No comments: